BRONX PARK BUILDING IS OPENING. PLEASE CHECK FOR YOUR FAVOURITE ACTIVITY.
The Bronx Park Woodshop is one of the finest woodshops open to the public in Winnipeg.
We offer a number of courses and clinics, and we are open three times per week for drop-in sessions where safety-certified community members can use the shop and it's tools to work on personal projects.
Visit the Woodshop page to access a list of on-going courses and calendar of events. Everyone is welcome!
OUTDOOR SOCCER INFORMATION 2022- 2023 SEASON
U4 - U6 (2016 - 2018 only) Timbits players may register on-line and in person on:
FEBRUARY 23, 2022 4:30 - 6:30 PM
MARCH 5TH 1:00 - 3:00 PM
MARCH 5TH 1:00 - 3:00 PM
REGISTRATION CLOSES MARCH 12TH, 2022 (EXTENDED ON-LINE ONLY DUE TO LOW REGISTRATION NUMBERS)
Late fee for registration is $50.00 and will only be accepted if required to complete a team.
U7-18 Rec Teams – Phoenix (North East) District
New for the 2022 Outdoor Recreational Soccer Season - Players in the U7 -18 (Born in the years 2004-2015) age groups looking to register for outdoor soccer will now do so via the Central Registration Portal on the Winnipeg Phoenix FC website.
Click here - Phoenix Soccer website www.phoenixsoccer.ca
At the conclusion of registration, the teams will be created. Teams are more often than not a combination of children from a number of clubs playing out of a host club that MAY NOT be the community center for your catchment. You could be placed on a team hosted by any of the clubs in the district.
A team representative will contact you approximately prior to the start of the season. If you haven’t been contacted by a team representative please contact Winnipeg Phoenix FC by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org to find out where you are playing.
Winnipeg Phoenix FC follows and maintains the Canada Soccer club licencing requirements under the Standards of Quality Soccer (SQS) and includes area community clubs wishing to offer youth soccer programs in the North East area of the City of Winnipeg, as well as Oakbank, to participate under the Phoenix SQS license. Our goal is to create a consistent program across the entire district, including fees, and improve the overall quality of the soccer programs.
Please remember soccer is a TEAM sport. Each player is a valuable member and contributes to the team and to the development and enjoyment of each other player on the team. By signing up for soccer you have made a commitment to be part of a team. Attending practices and games for the team should be a priority.
The Recreational Soccer Program relies on volunteer coaches to provide the opportunity for your child to participate in the program. Without these coaches there is no program. Not only will you be contributing to your child's development, you will be supporting the community too. Be part of this rewarding experience! If you are willing to volunteer to coach please complete the appropriate section on your child's registration with the necessary information or contact Winnipeg Phoenix FC by e-mailing email@example.com
In order to ensure the safety of all participants and comply with Canada Soccer's SQS program coaches must be willing to complete the following, for which all fees will be reimbursed to the coach upon successful completion:
- A Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector. Provided by WPS or RCMP only (completed within the past 36 months)
- A Child Abuse Registry Check (completed within the past 36 months)
- An up to date Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders. (expires every 5 years)
- The Appropriate coaching certification for the age/stage they are coaching. MSA requires the "Learn to Train" level for U9-12 coaches and/or "Soccer for Life" level for the U13-18. More information can be found via the link. http://manitobasoccer.ca/page.php?page_id=115230
Note: Criminal Record Checks and Child Abuse Registry Checks must be in a submitted state prior to the start of the season. All coaching certification requirements must be completed prior to the season.
Fundraising or Wedding Socials Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cost of the rental?
- 2 bartenders
- 2 security staff
- 14 bags of ice
- A maximum of 15 litres of each Pepsi, Diet Pepsi and 7-Up.
What is the capacity of the hall?
When can I view the hall?
How much deposit is required in advance?
I’m serious about booking the hall and setting a date. What’s next?
- Ensure that you have reviewed all of the Bronx Park policies.
- Review the contract (a blank contract is available for viewing online or by request from the Facility Manager).
- Contact the Facility Manager with your selected date. The Manager will then tentatively reserve the date for you and prepare a rental contract. You will then need to return the signed contract with your deposits to have the space reserved for you.
Can we book another room in your facility and" bump up" the capacity for our event?
Can I bring my alcohol in advance?
Do you allow alcohol outside of the gym?
Are wristbands needed?
When is last call?
Who completes the room SET UP and CLEAN UP?
What sort of tables and chairs do you have?
Where do you suggest we set up our ticket table?
Where do we set up the late lunch table?
Do you have plates and cutlery for use? For rent?
Can I use your coffee urns?
What else should I bring?
Is there a place to store our personal items during the event?
Do you supply decorations?
Can our DJ set up early?
- Take down all decorations and put in the garbage bins. Put all large garbage from the floor into garbage bags.
- Remove all personal items, food, and alcohol.
- Take down all tables and chairs after your function and put them in proper storage. Where there have been spills tables and chairs must be wiped down. Bronx staff will provide direction on where to store the equipment.
- Please leave the room clean. We provide a garbage cart and large recycling bins to ensure all of the garbage /recycling is removed. Put all garbage bags at the hall entrance and Bronx staff will take out all the garbage to the outdoor bins.
- Wipe down the counters in the kitchen area, and clean any spills. Restore the area to a tidy condition.
- If clean up is not completed by the renter this will be charged to the damage deposit.
- NOTE: Our bartenders and security will take care of sweeping and washing the kitchen floor and foyer. We contract a cleaning company to clean the hall flooring.
Other Important things to know!!
- Compliance with your LGA permit is of the utmost importance! This includes following the instructions provided to you by LGA when you applied for your liquor permit, time of operation of the bar, and serving guests responsibly. As the permit holder we expect you to fully understand your license and adhere to all requirements including:
- Provide a stamp or wristband for guests 18+. Our bartenders and security are trained in Serving it Safe, and will not serve patrons who are over-intoxicated.
- ONly bring in the amount of liquor suggested by the LGA Permit Department based on your preferences and responsible service guidelines. LGA Inspectors monitor events and will focus on public safety issues such as overcapacity, over-service, underage drinking and intoxication. Our bartenders do a liquor count with you at 7:00 pm.
- DO NOT consume any liquor on the Bronx Park premises prior to 8:00 pm. The bar opens at 8:00 pm and closes at 1:00 am. You may consume alcohol only during those times.
- Remember – any permit holder is subject to Investigation by an LGA investigator at any time, without notice. If you are found in violation your social can be shut down, and you will forfeit all fees paid to Bronx Park CC. and possibly your damage deposit. Read and know your permit and Bronx Park policies!