PLEASE CHECK FOR YOUR FAVOURITE ACTIVITY.
The Bronx Park Woodshop is one of the finest woodshops open to the public in Winnipeg.
We offer a number of courses and clinics, and we are open three times per week for drop-in sessions where safety-certified community members can use the shop and it's tools to work on personal projects.
Visit the Woodshop page to access a list of on-going courses and calendar of events. Everyone is welcome!
OUTDOOR SOCCER INFORMATION 2023- 2024 SEASON
U4 - U6 (2017 - 2019 only) Timbits players may register on-line starting March 1, 2023. IN PERSON AT BRONX PARK ON:
MARCH 22, 2023 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
MARCH 25, 2023 1:30 PM - 3:30 PM
MARCH 31ST 2023 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
REGISTRATION FEE IS $140.00. BRONX PARK WILL PAY THE MSA FEE OF $16.00 FOR TIMBITS PLAYERS. REGISTRATION CLOSES MARCH 31ST, 2023.
Late fee for registration is $50.00 and will only be accepted if a player is required to complete a team.
Coaches are needed! REQUIREMENTS:
- Prior to the start of the season, each coach must apply for a name-based crminal record check from the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) system. Proof of submission must be provided to the club immediately upon application. Note that the City of Winnipeg Police or RCMP are the only approved providers of this service. This check must include the vulnerable sector check. (Sterling is NOT a recognized provider). The check must be given to the Facility Manager as soon as possible.
- Prior to the start of the season, each coach must apply for a Child Abuse Registry Check (CAR). Bronx Park Facility Manager has the forms and will submit them on your behalf with copies of photo ID and one other ID.
- Prior to the start of the season, each coach shall complete the Respect in Sport for Activitiy Leader course which is provided at no cost by Sport Manitoba. https://sportmanitoba.respectgroupinc.com/koala_final/start.jsp
- Prior to the start of the season, each coach shall provide proof of enrollment in the Active Start coaching course provided by the Manitoba Soccer Association. (http://manitobasoccer.ca/page.php?page_id=115261
- Register with MSA, as required, as a coach
SOCCER CONVENOR NEEDED FOR U7 - U8 teams Please contact the Facility Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
U7-18 Rec Teams – Phoenix (North East) District
Players in the U7 -18 (Born in the years 2005-2016) age groups looking to register for outdoor soccer will do so via the Central Registration Portal on the Winnipeg Phoenix FC website. PLEASE SEE PHOENIX WEBSITE FOR DETAILS.
Main Point of contacts at Phoenix:
U9 - U18 Soccer is Jennifer Maw - email@example.com
U7-U8 - Mini Soccer is Kristin Mann-Simpson firstname.lastname@example.org;
U-7-8 Mini player http://phoenixsoccer.ca/page.php?page_id=126991
U 9-18 rec player http://phoenixsoccer.ca/page.php?page_id=126992
City of Winnipeg Leisure Guide
We offer programming in Hockey, Outdoor Soccer and Indoor Soccer. See full details of these programs on their specific pages under the Program menu.
Bronx Open Gym -
Wednesdays 4:30 - 7:00 pm (subject to change)
PICKLEBALL - PARENT & YOUTH
Family Drop-in Badminton-WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER DROP IN BADMINTON UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Challenge your children in a cutthroat match of Badminton. Free of charge for families, no registration required. Participants should come dressed in appropriate attire, changes rooms not available for this programming.
Sundays 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Adult Drop-in Badminton - WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER DROP IN BADMINTON UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
$2.00 per person. Participants should come dressed in appropriate attire, change rooms are not available for this programming.
Sundays 7:30 PM - 9:00 PM
The Bronx Community Centre is home to a fully functional woodshop. We offer courses from introductory to intermediate along with specialized topics such as inlay and paddle making. The woodshop is also available for drop-in use with safety certification. See the woodshop page for more information
During the summer months (June - September), Bronx Community Centre is home to a bustling Farmer's market on Saturdays from 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM.
See the farmer's market page for more information.